Sunday 24 November 2013

What Started My Love For Wildlife

If you know me, you know i love wildlife. Always have, always will. But today i thought i might as well tell you all how my love of wildlife photography started! (Lucky you)

Growing up as a small kid, my bedroom was on the bottom floor, and out side my bedroom window we had a small side garden. Right out side my window we had a few bird boxes. Home to what is now my favourite bird. The Blue Tit. Everyday i'd see them fly around, collecting food. For years i grew up with these bright little birds playing around my window. Year after year i saw them grow up and start new families in the same boxes, and it felt like i really got to know their personalities.

When my love for photography started to grow, and i got my Nikon D90 and my Sigma 150-500mm lens, the first thing i did was try and photograph my tits (yes i just said that). I spent ages just sitting and waiting for them. But to be a wildlife photographer you need patience, and one thing i got from photographing my blue tits is patience.




Because they're quite common you might think that they're easy to photograph, but you're wrong. Blue Tits are very shy, and very quick. But if you want to photograph any wildlife, you have to be patient. Ok, maybe not for snails...

No comments:

Post a Comment