Wednesday 9 December 2015

Fantastic Mr Fox

As i've probably mentioned a hundred times before where i live i'm surrounded by nature. Around a month ago i was sat at my desk just editing some photographs like i always do and through my music i heard quite a large rustle outside. I looked out and saw my two cats looking pretty pissed off about something. Next thing i know a young, scrappy looking male fox leaps over the pond sending the cats running. At this point the fox just looked confused as i'm pretty sure he just wanted to play.


When i slowly opened my window to get a clearer shot i was expecting him to run, but he just sat there looking at me. Then his attention was drawn elsewhere and started to sniff through some bushes until he pulled out a vole, which was definitely one the cats had just hunted. (Explains why they looked so annoyed...)

Even though i see foxes quite regularly where i live it's always surprising when one stays around you for that long. I reckon it was because he was young and inexperienced, and just wanted to play, but even so it definitely made my day. Mainly because most of the fox's time was spent just sniffing around and looking at the flowers around the garden. He clearly didn't care about anything and was completely comfortable where he was, which is always great to see in nature.



As always check me out on Instagram at peterboothphotography, and comment, like, and give me a follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment