Saturday 12 December 2015

Under The Bridge

As a kid when me and my friends were finally old enough to be allowed to walk down to town by our selves, we would always go a way that would lead us down a thin path through the middle of an industrial estate. About half way through this path you'd have to cross over a train track. As good young children we would hurry past it quickly and be on our way. As we got older though it was only natural to be curious of it because about 120ft down the track it passed under a bridge. There was enough space to walk along side the track and be safe just before people freak out too much! Checking it out occasionally meant avoiding piles of burnt ash, broken bottles, needles, tires, an empty gas canister, and sadly at one time some bedding which would be up along the sides.

Every time i would wander down there it would look different. Concrete slabs moved over for a bike jump. New graffiti. Different brands on bottles... It really got me thinking as to what actually happens down there. I have a pretty good idea as where i'm from isn't particularly full of junkies. More chavs who like to get drunk and start fires... But i much prefer to not to know exactly what happens there. I prefer seeing this gloomy and discarded place in the light and seeing the what's different. Allowing my imagination to take over as to what went on. It's much more interesting thinking about a photograph than just looking at it.


Just so everyone knows walking on train tracks is DANGEROUS. I know this. Just don't do it. Be safe, not stupid!

As always check me out on Instagram on peterboothphotography. Give me a follow and please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment